counter

Friday, July 16, 2010

RS Mag's Top 500 Songs #51-60

51. The Message: Grandmaster Flash- The first time I heard this was in the early 80s on MTV. I laughed uncontrollably. Almost 30 years later, the joke’s on me!

52. When Doves Cry: Prince- This song defines 1984 for me.

53. When a Man Loves a Woman: Percy Sledge- In Michael Bolton’s case, When a man needs a hit song (stole that from the old Living Colour TV show).

54. Louie Louie: The Kingsmen- What are they saying??

55. Long Tall Sally: Little Richard- Little Richard is awesomeness.

56. Anarchy in the U.K.- The Sex Pistols- I am the anti-christ..I am an anti-christ…

57. White Shade of Pale: Procol Harem- They combined classical music with rock n roll.

58. Billie Jean: Michael Jackson- Established Michael as a Super Super Super star and set the template for 80s culture, fashion, and got blacks on MTV leading to the hip hop revolution.

59. The Times They Are a Changin’: Bob Dylan- Dylan picked up the vibe before most people did. A defining song of the period.

60. Let’s Stay Together: Al Green- Amazing how popular this song was. Even made the Pulp Fiction soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment