counter

Saturday, June 12, 2010

RS Magazine's Top 500 Songs of All Time #391-400

391. Tell It Like It Is: Aaron Neville- I actually had never heard this one before, so I really can’t comment…

392. Bittersweet Symphony: The Verve- Generally considered one of those pieces that speaks for a generation.

393. Whipping Post: The Allman Brothers Band- White guys can do the blues…and sympathize with black guys.

394. Ticket to Ride: The Beatles- The Beatles used the then-radical technique known as the fadeout here.

395. Ohio: Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young- One of the best primary sources of the Vietnam Era.

396. I Know You Got Soul: Eric B and Rakim- Nothing like stealing…er sampling the Jacksons.

397. Tiny Dancer: Elton John- I am not sure this is necessarily better than 103 other songs, but whatever.

398. Roxanne: The Police- Another song about hookers.

399. Just My Imagination: The Temptations- Who remembers Live Aid? They closed the show. Nowadays, say Philadelphia singing superstar and Will Smith probably comes to mind. Then again, maybe not.

400. Baby I Need Your Lovin’: The Four Tops- I forgot how great the Four Tops were until reviewing this.

No comments:

Post a Comment